Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tomorrow's Gameplan


Google (GOOG) reported a stellar quarter after the bell, handily beating eps estimates by 11%. I'm guessing we'll be up off the news tomorrow (tech anyway), but this rally has been long in the tooth since Friday. If we are up, I'll be using it as an opp to close out my longs and add to my shorts. It's hard to get short into Apple's (AAPL) earnings due out Wednesday after the bell, but this market has been OB for a while. I'd rather miss some upside and perserve capital, than get caught too exposed.  If anything, let's pray Apple (AAPL) is down Monday so we can get in before earnings, but don't count on it. I promise we'll have a better entry point than tomorrow. I started a position in Western Refining Inc. (WNR) which is red hot right now. I started another position in $VXX and will open one in $FAZ if we have a real melt-up. PLEASE BE WARNED: There is pain ahead in this market so don't get caught up in the "jubilation" tomorrow.


This is not a recommendation to buy or sell any securities. DAK was long AAPL at time of publication but positions can change at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment